Friday, April 16, 2010

But, I don't want to be....

At the Nuclear Security Summit on Tuesday President Obama responded to a question about peace in the Middle East by saying that "whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower". Of course this statement went basically unnoticed by the mainstream media with the exception of Fox. How surprising that none of the other stations wanted to cover this? Is it because they feel that their audiences will be outraged and upset over Obama's comment or more likely, because they see nothing wrong with his statement and agree with him? I submit to you that it is the latter.

Once again, our President has shown, on foreign soil, just how un-American he is. If you were to ask the random man on the street what he thinks of this comment, he would probably tell you that he likes the fact that America is a superpower. I know I do. Our superpower status was earned, not given to us by the rest of the world. It took several wars and a couple hundred years for us to rise to this level. We had to defeat England with a ragtag army of true Patriots. Then we had to fight once again in 1812 to maintain our sovereignty, and again in 1861 when we fought with ourselves to establish the country we now call home. After the Civil War, America went through a great rebuilding and emerged as a great power for good in the world. As proven by World War I and World War II when thousands of brave American men fought a war overseas to rid Europe and Africa of Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito.

We are a nation of great men and women, a nation built on principles of faith and charity, self-reliance, independence and strong moral fiber. What other nation on the planet can hold a candle to the spirit of America? And yet, our President - the person who should be our greatest cheerleader- believes that we should not be a world military superpower. Is it not better to be the King, than the court jester? Would he rather we were afraid of another country's military might and under the boot of a lesser nation? Is it truly his plan to destroy everything that America stands for, including the generosity of Americans towards our fellow citizens and those around the world. John McCain said it very well when commenting on Obama's statement - he said "We're the dominant superpower and we are the greatest force for good in the history of the world." What other nation would secure freedom for a faraway people and then return their country to them with all of its treasure? No other nation, that;'s who!

I am personally affronted but sadly, not surprised, at Obama's comment. Since his inauguration he has done everything to apologize for the greatness of America in every nation he has visited. I still cannot believe that we actually elected this man President, since he constantly demonstrates his utter contempt for America's might and goodness. Of course, we are stuck with this man until January 20, 2013. I pray that the America I know and love dearly will still exist.

No comments:

About Me

I am a conservative Republican female in my early 30's. I have a degree in Political Science from a private, Christian university. I am married to a Retired Navy Chief and could not be prouder to have been a military wife. I am proud of my country, my party and my beliefs. I believe in small government and fiscal responsibility. Ronald Reagan is my hero.